This is a questions I recently came across while helping coach a friend into a healthier lifestyle, and with her permission, I thought I would share it with you. She asked me during our long conversation: “… but do you really need to use essential oils to be healthy?”
So, Do you need to use essential oils to be healthy??
Yes. No. Maybe. This really depends on what you’re trying to achieve and what your lifestyle is.
Essential oils are supplements that help provide the body with additional support so it can function appropriately, the way it was designed to. The vast majority of people in the world today are continually being bombarded with food lacking nutritional content and an increasing amount of pollution in the air, soil, and water.
This subpar nutrition and constant pollutant exposure takes its toll on the body, specifically through toxins being stored in our fat cells, muscle tissue, connective tissue, in our organs, in our brains, and in our blood. If we aren’t consciously aware of the nutrition content of the foods we eat and purposely eat foods that we know for a fact are rich in the nutrients we are expecting to receive, then our diets won’t be able to maximize the nutritional support our body needs. This can be very expensive to do, especially if you don’t garden or grow your own food. Even then, your crops and animals may be consuming foods with toxins. Thankfully, our bodies are designed to detox!
How can essential oils help my body be healthy?
Essential oils work the same way nutrition does. The molecules enter our bodies either through inhalation, applying them on our skin, or internal uses. Just like the food we eat and the lotion we put on our skin enters our blood stream, essential oils also enter our blood stream. Each molecule then travels through the body, providing information (like nutrition does) to each cell in your body. This information provided by the essential oils helps the cell repair itself. Different oils help to target different systems.
- Frankincense essential oil
- supports your immune system and the nervous system,
- is incredible for your skin,
- and is emotionally balancing.
- Lemon essential oil
- supports your digestive system, immune system, and respiratory system.
- is invigorating and uplifting,
- is purifying,
- and is excellent at increasing your energy, focus, and memory.
- Lavender essential oil
- supports your cardiovascular system, nervous system, and the lymphatic system
- promotes consciousness, and an overall feeling of well-being
- is relaxing and emotionally balancing
- is great for pretty much everything (the Swiss-Amy knife of essential oils)
- Peppermint essential oil
- supports your digestive, nervous, musculoskeletal, and respiratory systems,
- increases energy, focus, and memory (great to use while studying for exams)
- decreases head tension
- and is also great to use as a breath freshener
- DiGize essential oil blend
- consists of tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, lemongrass, anise, and patchouli essential oils.
- specifically helps with supporting your digestive system
- Thieves essential oil blend
- consists of clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary
- specifically was designed to support your immune system
- Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- consists of orange, tangerine, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, and spearmint
- purifies your air
- emotionally balancing
- relaxing, calming, and comforting
- excellent linnen spray
- Raven essential oil blend
- consists of ravensara, lemon, wintergreen, peppermint, eucalyptus radiata.
- supports your respiration
- boosts your energy
- soothes sore muscles
- PanAway essential oil blend
- consists of wintergreen, helichrysum, clove, and peppermint
- supports your nervous and musculoskeletal systems
- excellent for muscle aches and pains, especially after a long work out!
- Valor essential oil blend
- ditch the jitters and feeling unsure
- perfect to use prior to chiropractic appointments to make your adjustment last longer
- helps balance emotions,
- builds feelings of confidence and self esteem
- Stress Away essential oil blend
- consists of copaiba, lime, cedar wood, octet, and lavender essential oils
- supports your immune system and is emotionally balancing
- helps dissolve feelings of stress
- Peace and Calming essential oil blend
- helps you relax and calm after a long day
- improves sleep
- helps keep you calm during stressful moments
Although you may not necessarily need them to survive, I have yet to meet anyone who has given essential oils an honest try who hasn’t benefited from them.
They work. They help. They inspire. They support.
You have needs in your life that require specific body system support and these oils can provide that. They make you feel better. They help you feel:
- less stressed
- less angry
Essential oils help balance you out, which helps you function better.
So stop just surviving and give them a try. Thrive in your life and maximize how great you feel!
If you’ve never used essential oils before, you truly don’t know what you’re missing. Once you do use them, you’ll seriously question yourself on why you waited for so long to jump in. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, come join our fun! We have a whole group of men and women ready and willing to help you through your journey.
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
Nicole is a military-trained research analyst, homeschooling mom, healthy lifestyle coach, flexible business consultant, and writer for MotherhoodTruth.com and GracefullyAbundant.com. After living through and overcoming a season of homelessness and chronic health, Nicole developed a passion for helping others develop healthier habits using functional nutrition, herbalism, and renewing faith.