Not just for Valentine’s Day! No one ever said romance has to be confined to only one evening. Whether you’re looking to fall in love with yourself or to enhance your relationship with your significant other… you won’t want to miss out on these meaningful DIY romantic gift ideas!
Essential oils have many great uses, benefits, and properties, including setting the mood for romance.
Essential Oils That Inspire Romance
Whether you’re looking for a gift for Valentine’s Day or for an anniversary… or a “just because I heart you” gift.. you can’t go wrong with essential oils. They are life-changing, health-boosting, relationship-enhancing little bottles of awesome that you and your partner won’t want to be without.
Essential oils we highly recommend you indulge in for your romantic endeavors and self-care routines:
- Bergamot oil
- Black pepper essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Cinnamon bark essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Patchouli essential oil
- Peruvian balsam essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
Pre-Made Essential Oil Blends that Inspire Romance
There isn’t always a lot of time or patience to be counting out essential oil drops from multiple bottles, and sometimes it’s nice to have a cheaper solution or minimize storage needs than is required for having 3-5 different essential oils around. If you’re looking for a simpler or cheaper option, choose a pre-mixed essential oil blend.
- At Peace Essential Oil Blend made with lime, mandarin, grapefruit, ylang ylang, sandalwood, and tangerine oils
- Balance Essential Oil Blend made with lavender, lemon, orange, geranium, rosewood, sandalwood, myrrh, sage, black spruce, frankincense, rose, german chamomile, ylang ylang, and neroli essential oils
- Blossoms Essential Oil Blend is made with frankincense, lime, orange, peruvian balsam, sandalwood, patchouli, german and roman chamomile, grapefruit, and ylang ylang essential oils.
- Love Essential Oil Blend made with lemon, orange, geranium, bergamot, mandarin, ylang ylang, and rose essential oils
- Sweet Oasis Essential Oil Blend made with copaiba, cedarwood, lime, lavender, and peruvian balsam essential oils
If I had to choose just one of these to use, I would pick the Love Essential Oil Blend.
The gift of touch… DIY Romantic Massage Oils
Not much is more sensual than a good massage… whether you’re taking time for self-care to slather on some intoxicating aromas, or you’re taking your self-care routine to your partner… having a massage oil infused with essential oils is perfect!
They make spending time with you and with your partner much more enjoyable… PLUS they can be used as personal lubricants… and there are no hidden toxins like in many popular brands that contain parabens and other harmful ingredients.
To make your own romantic massage oil, choose an essential oil recipe from the list below. Then add the essential oil amounts to 2oz of your favorite carrier oil to a dark glass bottle. Shake well to combine. Use about 1 tsp to massage your partner.
A carrier oil can be any cold-pressed, seed-based oil (ideally organic and unrefined). This includes most cooking oil, like coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oils. Personally, we LOVE using fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil. This is the best way to dilute your essential oils for topical use.
DIY Aphrodisiac Massage Oil
- 8 drops Patchouli
- 4 drops Geranium
- 5 drops Sandalwood
- 5 drops Balsam of Peru
Summer Evening DIY Massage Oil
- 6 drops Geranium
- 6 drops Cedarwood
- 4 drops Orange
- 2 drop Patchouli
Fall Love DIY Massage Oil
- 8 drops Cedarwood
- 5 drops Neroli
- 5 drops Blood Orange
Ice and Fire DIY Massage Oil
- 5 drops Cinnamon Bark
- 5 drops Wintergreen
- 5 drops Spruce
- 5 drops Bergamot
Candlelight Dessert DIY Massage Oil
- 10 drops Balsam of Peru
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark
- 4 drops Sandalwood
- 4 drops Orange
Summer Love Massage Oil
- 4 drops Bergamot
- 7 drops Clary Sage
- 6 drops Lavender
DIY Pampering Bath Salts to Inspire Romance
And… if your tub is large enough for your partner to join you… then enjoy taking some quality time together soaking in some gorgeous smells.
Lovely Night Bath Salts Recipe
- 25 drops Love (or choose a different oil blend mentioned earlier)
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda (optional)
- Dried flower petals (optional)
My favorite single oils to add to the tub are rose with black spruce or sandalwood.
Cologne for Him
There is no doubt about it… aromas can help us gain confidence... and nothing is sexier on a man than confidence. Set up your partner for success with this DIY cologne… and skip the harmful chemical ingredients.
To make a cologne for your Love, mix together 2 drops of rosewood, 3 drops of black spruce, and 1 drop of ylang ylang essential oils. This blend is great for helping to inspire confidence.
Perfumes for Her
Have you ever put on perfume that just made you feel gorgeous and unstoppable?? That is what this roller bottle does… roll it on and within seconds you smile feeling gorgeous, capable, and ready to take on the world. Crazy how an aroma can have that impact on a woman!
My favorite perfume to wear is made with 1 drop of jasmine, 5 drops coriander, 6 drops bergamot, 3 drops rose, and 4 drops of neroli essential oils.
Love Potion Perfume Roll-On
- 3 drop Citrus Passion Essential Oil
- 3 drop Love Essential Oil Blend
- 2 drop Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 drop Bergamot Oil
- 2 tsp Jojoba Carrier Oil
- An empty 10 ml Roll-On Bottle
- Combine all essential oils into an empty 10ml roll-on. Add 2tsp of carrier oil to the mixture, and reassemble your roll-on bottle. For an added touch, check out these gemstone roller tops for your roller bottle.
- Apply to the wrists, neck, chest, and insides of the elbows to experience an enchanting aroma that is sure to get sparks flying.
Romantic Linen Sprays
Create an invigorating, sensual, and romantic atmosphere with one of these simple DIY linen mists. The sweet yet woodsy aroma of this spray arouses feelings of love, appreciation, closeness, and intimacy.
Simply choose a recipe from the list below, add all liquid ingredients into a glass spray bottle, replace the cap, and shake well to mix them together. Shake well before each use. Spray 2-5 spritz per pillow, bed linens, or curtains to create a loving atmosphere.
DIY Sensual Linen Spray
- 20 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 20 drops Toasted Coconut essential oil
- 10 drops Balsam of Peru essential oil
- 10 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 2oz witch hazel (or make your own homemade witch hazel)
- 2oz distilled water
DIY Kissable Pillow Linen Spray
- 10 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 14 drops Bergamot oil
- 6 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 2oz Witch Hazel
- 2oz Distilled Water
- 4-ounce Glass Spray Bottle
A Note From Nicole
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES hearing about your personal experiences and wins.
Let’s Connect! You can find me online at:
Nicole is a military-trained research analyst, homeschooling mom, healthy lifestyle coach, flexible business consultant, and writer for MotherhoodTruth.com and GracefullyAbundant.com. After living through and overcoming a season of homelessness and chronic health, Nicole developed a passion for helping others develop healthier habits using functional nutrition, herbalism, and renewing faith.